When you're chasing criminals and solving crimes, radio communication is critical.
It’s the part of your patrol zone you don’t want to leave your patrol car too far away as the mobile radio is the only reliable way to communicate to dispatch. As soon as you step out of your patrol car to conduct a traffic stop your portable radio signal is weak. Keep officers and dispatch in contact with each other. Futurecom coverage solutions are used by many of the largest federal, state and provincial law enforcement agencies to provide mission critical communications.
Enhanced Outdoor & In-Building Radio Coverage
Allows officers to remain on the network as long as possible so that their communications can be monitored and recorded at dispatch whether they are in a deep valley or building.
The Features of Trunking with the Safety of Conventional operation.
When a Futurecom VR is working in combination with an Motorola APX portable they have a number of features.
- Portable Radio ID: APX Portable radios affiliate with the P25 system. Their IDs pass on both the push to talk (PTT) and emergency.
- Trunking Tones and Messages: Officers will get the go-ahead tones they are familiar with, network messages get passed to the APX portable and users can also get out of range tones (of the VR and/or mobile out of network coverage) while on a conventional channel.
Highly Automated Operation
Allows multiple VRs to be activated at a scene. The units will reliably pick a “Primary” unit which will handle the communication between network and users. Other units will go into a standby “Secondary” mode. All VRs can be activated by a button on the control head, from a portable radio, from an external switch or automatically from a combination of events such as the emergency lights on and setting of the parking brake.
- General Patrol – Traffic Stops
- Marine Patrol & Rescue
- Search & Rescue
- SWAT & Tactical Teams
- Inspection Teams
- Special Events
- College/ University Campus
- Fish and Game Patrol
- Corrections – Prisoner Transport
- Corrections – Parole Inspection
- DVRS School Application
- DVRS Subway Application
- DVRS Convoy Application